What are the largest, most powerful entities in the world? Transnational Institute has published a report, State of Power: 2013, that contains some interesting statistics, among them the fact that forty of the world’s biggest economies are corporations, and less than one percent of the companies, mostly banks, control 40% of all corporate shares. Read the full report here.
Doctors at the University of Arizona have developed a better approach to saving lives. It’s called Continuous Chest Compression CPR. It is reportedly easier and more effective than traditional CPR. Watch this short video.
What is your life motto?
- You are the main character of your story. Act like it.
- Everything in moderation, even moderation.
- Change is the nature of the universe.
- It’s better to laugh about it than cry about it.
- The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
- Acquire experiences, not objects.
- Accept what you can’t change, change what you can’t accept.
- Always leave a party while you’re still having fun.
- If you wait for perfect conditions, you’ll never get anything done.
- The only constant is change.
- Live and let live.
- In the end, it will be ok. If things aren’t OK, then it isn’t the end.
- So far so good.
Just for fun, entertainment, and inspiration, watch this video. Talent +++
The cost of a college education has been rising steeply in recent years, but there are low cost alternative routes to a degree. One resource for finding them is Cheap Online Colleges.
Here’s a witty little ditty from over the sea that you might appreciate too.
I just last evening went to the theater to see Searching for Sugar Man, a most remarkable film with a most remarkable story. I give it my HIGHEST rating and encourage everyone to see it. Find reviews and trailers at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/searching_for_sugar_man/