I don’t like to think about it either, but in conditions of instability and disintegration, it is only prudent to give some thought to possible scenarios and acquire some basic knowledge that you may need.
Here’s a description from the website:
We are going to look at a bit of a darker subject today. We are going to discuss security and not security on a day to day basis against say robbers, thugs and general low life. We are going to discuss secruity and security planning for large scale and long term break downs. Today’s show was prompted by Episodes 1 and 2 of season two of Discovery Channel’s show “The Colony”. I have watch thus far in disbelief at how little attention the people on that show have paid to security and how little they understand the threat and honestly survival as a whole.
Today’s show won’t be totally based on The Colony, it will simply use it as a jumping off point so even if you haven’t or don’t plan on watching it today’s show should be a good one for you. Security is one of the five primary components of survival and the one that is most overlooked, often not an issue but the one that when needed can get you killed in a milisecond.
Join me today as we discuss…
- The five primary components of survival
- Understanding the threat to your safety
- Consideration about where you “make your stand”
- Six methods of attack mitigation
- Identifying the weak spots
- The lesson of 300 – Funnel an enemy to counter large numbers
- How and why guns change the entire equation on both sides
- The importance and difference between security “protocols” and “procedures”
- Splitting up resources – no central storage points
- Developing and deploying decoy resources
- Developing timberlines and evac plans
I highly recommend it. A little bit of forethought can make a big difference in the quality of your life, in any situation. — t.h.g.