Sicko is the title of Michael Moore’s newest film. Based on Moore’s update [http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php], it promises to be another blockbuster. I hope he will highlight the following (I’m not a physician but these are my carefully considered views):
- prescription drugs are dangerous (I, personally, would not touch most of them with a ten foot pole),
- an enormous number of deaths each year are caused by prescription drugs,
- the Medicare drug “benefit” benefits mainly the drug companies and threatens to bankrupt the Social Security system.
- nutritional, herbal, and lifestyle approaches are much safer and generally more effective,
- people need to take greater responsibility for their own heath.